Major Publications of Ru-Shan Wu
o "Scattering and Attenuation of Seismic Waves ", volume I, 1988, edited by Wu and Aki, Birkhäuser Verlag, Boston.
o "Scattering and Attenuation of Seismic Waves ", volume II, 1989, edited by Wu and Aki, Birkhäuser Verlag, Boston.
o "Scattering and Attenuation of Seismic Waves ", volume III, 1990, edited by Wu and Aki, Birkhäuser Verlag, Boston.
o "Advances in Wave Propagation in Heterogeneous Earth ", edited by Wu and Maupin, 2007, v.48 of "Advances in Geophysics", Series editor R. Dmowska, Academic Press, Elsevier.
Special Issue edited:
o "Waves in Complex Media", special issue for Phys. Earth & Planet Int., v. 120, No. 3, Edited by R.S. Wu, 2000, Elsevier, New York.
Recently Submitted Papers:
1. Wu, R.S., 2018, Theoretical background for strong-scattering inversion, Communications in Computational Physics, submitted.
2. Zu, Shaohuan, Zhou, Hui, Wu, Ru-Shan, Jiang, Maocai, Chen, Yangkang, 2018, The structure-oriented dictionary learning for seismic noise attenuation, Geophysics, Submitted.
3. Shu Li, Yingpin Chen, Hao Wu, Ru-Shan Wu and Zhenming Peng, Multichannel impedance inversion in the frequency domain via anisotropic total variation with overlapping group sparsity regularization, Journal of inverse and ill-posed problems, Submitted.
4. Feng B., Ru-Shan Wu, Huazhong Wang, 2018, High-order Rytov modeling for strong perturbation and long propagation distance, Communications in Computational Physics, submitted.
5. Yong Hu, Ru-shan Wu, Li-guo Han*, Pan Zhang, 2018, Joint multi-scale direct envelope inversion of phase and amplitude in the time-frequency domain, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, in revision
6. Chen, Guoxin, Ru-Shan Wu and Shengchang Chen, 2017, Multi-scale envelope inversion: algorithm and methodology for application to salt structure inversion, Geophysics, in review.
7. Wang, Shoudong and Wu, Ru-Shan, 2016, Multi-Frequency contrast-source inversion for reflection seismic data, Journal of Geophysics and Engineering, submitted.
8. Bao, Qianzong and Wu, Ru-Shan, 2016, Optimal sampling location design with mutual coherence based on compressive sensing, J. Appl. Geophysics, submitted.
9. Li, J., Meng, X., Yang, Q., Wu, R.S., and Liang, Y., 2013, Efficient Surface-Aware Kinematic & Dynamic Ray-Tracing on Implicit Model Representation, Computational Physics, Submitted..
Guoxin Chen, 2018, Multi-scale seismic envelope
inversion using a new envelope Fréchet derivative for
strong-nonlinear full waveform inversion, arXiv: http://arxiv.org/abs/1808.
2. Feng, B., R.S. Wu, and H.Z. Wang, 2018, Automatic traveltime inversion via sparse decomposition of seismic data, Geophysics, in press.
3. Zhang, Pan, Ru-Shan Wu and Liguo Han, 2018, Source-independent seismic envelope inversion based on the direct envelope Fréchet derivative, Geophysics, In press.
4. Zhang, Pan, Ru-Shan Wu and Liguo Han, 2018, Seismic envelope inversion based on hybrid scale separation for data with strong noises. Pure and Applied Geophysics. In press.
5. Gao, Zhaoqi, Zhibin Pan, Jinghuai Gao, and Ru-shan Wu, 2018, Frequency Controllable Envelope Operator and Its Application in Multi-scale Full waveform Inversion, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, (99):1-17. PDF
6. Wang, Yuqing , Ru-Shan Wu, Guoxin Chen, and Zhenming Peng, 2018, Seismic modulation model and envelope inversion with smoothed apparent polarity, Journal of Geophysics and Engineering, 15, 2278-2286. PDF
7. You, Jiachun , Ru-Shan Wu, Xuewei Liu, 2018, One-way true-amplitude migration using Matrix-decomposition. Geophysics, 83(5), 1-48. PDF
8. Luo, Jingrui and Ru-Shan Wu, 2018, Velocity and density reconstruction based on scattering angle separation, Pure and Applied Geophysics, doi.org/10.1007/s00024-018-1916-8. PDF
9. Luo, J., R.S. Wu and F. Gao, 2018, Time domain full waveform inversion using instantaneous phase information with damping, Journal of Geophysics and Engineering, 15(3), 1032. PDF
10. Chen, Guoxin, Ru-Shan Wu, Yuqing Wang and Shengchang Chen, 2018, Multi-scale signed envelope inversion, Journal of applied Geophysics, 153, 113-126. PDF
11. Chen, Guoxin, Ru-Shan Wu and Shengchang Chen, 2018, Reflection Multi-Scale Envelope Inversion, Geophysical Prospecting, 1258-1271. PDF
12. You, Jiachun, Rushan Wu, Xuewei Liu et al. 2018. Two-way wave equation based depth migration using one-way propagators on a bi-layer sensor seismic acquisition system. Geophysics. 83(3), S271-S278. PDF
13. Huang, Weilin, Ru-Shan Wu, Runqiu Wang, Wei Song, and Yong An, 2018, Damped dreamlet representation for exploration seismic data interpolation and denoising, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 56(6), 3159-3172. PDF.
14. Jakobsen, Morten and Ru-Shan Wu, 2018, Accelerating the T-matrix approach to seismic full-waveform inversion by domain decomposition, Geophysical prospecting, 66(6). PDF
15. Jing, Hao, Yushu Chen, Dinghui Yang, Ru-Shan Wu, 2017, Dispersion-relation preserving stereo-modeling method beyond Nyquist frequency for acoustic wave equation, Geophysics 82(1):T1-T15. PDF.
16. Jakobsen, M. and R.S. Wu, 2017, Scattering-path operator approach to frequency domain waveform inversion in the presence of strong contrasts, J. Applied Geophysics, DOI: 10.1111/1365-2478.12619. PDF.
17. You, Jiachun, Xuewei Liu, Ru-Shan Wu, 2017, First-Order Acoustic Wave Equation Reverse Time Migration Based on the Dual-Sensor Seismic Acquisition System. Pure and Applied Geophysics ,173(3): 1345-1360. PDF.
18. Wang, Benfeng; Wu, Ru-Shan; Chen, Xiaohong , 2017, Deghosting based on the Transmission matrix method, Journal of Geophysics and Engineering, PDF.
19. Wang, Benfeng, Morten Jakobsen, Ru-Shan Wu, Wenkai Lu and Xiaohong Chen, 2017, Accurate and efficient velocity estimation using Transmission matrix formalism based on the domain decomposition method, Inverse Problems, 33, doi:10.1088/1361-6420/aa5998. PDF.
20. Yan, R., Wu, R.S., Xie, X.B. and Walraven, D., 2016, A hybrid elastic one-way propagator for strong-contrast media and its application to subsalt migration, Geophysics, in review. PDF
21. Wang. B.F., Wu, R.S., Chen, X.H. and Lu, W.K., 2016, Non-linear parameter estimation method based on T-matrix, Ch. J. of Geophysics, 59(6), 2257-2265. PDF.
22. Gao, Z., Pan, Z., Gao, J.H., Wu, R.S., 2016, A novel full waveform inversion method based on a time-shift nonlinear operator, Geophys. J. International, PDF.
23. Jakobsen, M. and R.S. Wu, 2016, Renormalized scattering series for frequency domain waveform modelling of strong velocity contrasts, Geophys. J. International, 206, 880-899. pdf.
24. Gorodintskiy, E., M. Perel, Y.
Geng and R.S. Wu, 2016, Depth migration with Gaussian wave
packets based on Poincare wavelets, Geophys. J. International, 205(1):
doi: 10.1093/gji/ggv562. pdf
25. Luo, J., R.S. Wu and J. Gao, 2016, Nonlinear scale separation property and reduction of local minima of envelope inversion, Chinese J. Geophys., (in Chinese) in press.
26. Luo, Jingrrui, Jinghuai Gao and Ru-Shan Wu, 2016, Background velocity construction for full waveform inversion based on envelope inversion method, J. of Geophysical Prospecting , (in Chinese), in press.
27. Wu, R.S., B. Wang and C. Hu, 2015, Inverse thin-slab propagator in T-matrix formalism based on nonlinear sensitivity kernel for wave-equation tomography, Inverse Problems, 31, 11, 115004. PDF.
28. Wang, Xinquan and Ru-Shan Wu, 2015, Seismic data reconstruction in Dreamlet domain based on compressive sensing, Oil Geophysical Prospecting 06/2015; 50(3):399-404.
29. Luo, J., R.S. Wu and J. H. Gao, 2015, Elastic seismic envelope inversion, Journal of Seismic exploration, in press.
30. Wang, B., R.S. Wu, X. Chen, and J. Li, 2015, Simultaneous seismic data interpolation and denoising with a new adaptive method based on dreamlet transform, Geophys. J. International, 201, 1180-1192. PDF.
31. Luo, J. and Wu, R.S., 2015, Seismic envelope inversion: behavior of misfit functional and some application issues, Geophys. Prospecting, 63, 597-614. PDF
32. Yan, R., Guan, H., Xie, X.B. and Wu, R.S., 2014, Acquisition aperture correction in angle-domain towards the true-reflection reverse time migration, Geophysics, 79, S241-S250. PDF
33. Wang, B., R.S. Wu, Y. Geng and X. Chen, 2014, Dreamlet-based interpolation using POCS method, J. of Applied Geophysics, 109, 256-265. PDF
34. Wu, R.S., Luo, J. and Wu, B., 2014, Seismic envelope inversion and modulation signal model, Geophysics, 79(3), WA13-WA24. PDF
35. Wu, R.S. and Gao, J.H., 2014, Wavefield representation, propagation and imaging using localized waves: Beamlet, Curvelet and Dreamlet, Chapter 2, in book edited by Y. Li, "Seismic Imaging, Fault Damage and Heal", Higher Education Press, 73-142 PDF
36. Wu, R.S. and Zheng, Y., 2014, Nonlinear partial derivative and its De Wolf approximation for nonlinear seismic inversion, Geophys. J. International, 196, 1827-1843. PDF
37. Geng, Y., R.S. Wu and J.H. Gao, 2014, Gabor frame based fast Gaussian packet migration, Geophysical Prospecting, 62, 1432-1452. PDF
38. Zhu, X., R.S. Wu, Chen, X.F. and R.G. Chen,, 2014, Numerical Tests on Generalized Diffraction Tomography, Tectophysics, 74-90.pdf
39. Wu, B., Wu, R.-S. & Gao, J.-H., 2013, Dreamlet source-receiver survey sinking prestack depth migration, Geophysical Prospecting, 61, 63-74. pdf
40. Mao, J. and Wu, R.S., 2013, Target oriented acquisition aperture correction for 3D subsurface imaging with beamlet migration, Geophysical Prospecting, in press.
41. Gorodintskiy, E., Perel, M., Geng, Y., & Wu, R.-S., 2012. Poincar´e wavelet techniques in depth migration, in Days on Diffraction (DD), 2012, pp. 104–110.pdf
42. Wu, B., R.S. Wu and J.H. Gao, 2012 Preliminary investigation of wavefield depth extrapolation by two-way wave equations, Intern. J. of Geophysics, v. 2012, 11 pages, doi:10.1155/2012/968090. PDF
43. Wu, R.S., Xie, X.B. and Jin, S., 2011, One-Return Propagators and The Applications in Modeling and Imaging, Chapter 2 in "Imaging, Modeling and Assimilation in Seismology", Higher Education Press Limited Company, Beijing, 65-105. pdf
44. Geng, Y., Wu, R.S., and Gao, J., 2011, Dreamlet compression of seismic data, Chinese J. Geophysics, in press. (in Chinese with English abstract).
45. Geng, Y., Wu, R.S., and Gao, J., 2011, Local angle domain target oriented illumination analysis and imaging using beamlets, Chinese J. Geophysics, in press. (in Chinese with English abstract).
46. Wu, B., Wu, R.S., and Gao, J., 2011, Source-receiver survey sinking prestack depth migration using local cosine basis beamlets, Chinese J. Geophysics, in press. (in Chinese with English abstract).
47. Wu, B., Wu, R.S., and Gao, J., 2011, Time-space localized seismic wave propagation: Dreamlet prestack depth migration, Chinese J. Geophysics, in press. (in Chinese with English abstract).
48. Ren, H., Wu, R.S. and Wang, H., 2011, Wave equation least square imaging using the local angular Hessian for amplitude correction, Geophysical Prospecting, , 59, 651-661. PDF.
49. Zheng, Y., R.-S. Wu, Y. Liu, and M. C. Fehler (2011), Seismic interferometry using non-far-field sources and removing the spurious arrival, Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am., 101(2), 888-894.PDF
50. Cao, J. and Wu, R.S., 2010, Lateral velocity variation related correction in asymptotic true-amplitude one-way propagators, Geophysical Prospecting, 58, 235-243. PDF
51. He, Y. and Wu, R.S., 2010, One-Way/One-Return Boundary Element Method and Salt Internal Multiples, Geophysics, 75, T63-T69. PDF
52. Mao, J., Wu, R.-S. & Gao, J.-H., 2010. Directional illumination analysis using the local exponential frame, Geophysics, 75, S163-S174. PDF
53. Mao, J., Wu, R.-S. & Gao, J.-H., 2010. High-accuracy prestack depth migration and imaging using local harmonic basis beamlet, Chinese J. Geophysics, 53, 2442-2451 (in Chinese with English abstract). PDF
54. Mao, J., Wu, R.-S., Gao, J.-H., and Geng, Y., 2010, Directional illumination analysis for complex medium using local exponential frame beamlet, Chinese J. Geophysics, 53, 2955-2963. (in Chinese with English abstract). PDF
55. Zhu, X. and Wu, R.S., 2010, Imaging diffraction points using the local image matrices generated in prestack migration, Geophysics 75, 1-9. pdf.
56. Jia, Xiaofeng and Wu, R.S., 2009. Calculations of wavefield gradients and wave propagation angles in complex media: application to turning wave simulations, Geophysical Journal International, 178 (3): 1565-1573. PDF.
57. Wu, R.S. and Xie, X.B., 2009, Modeling primaries of acoustic/elastic waves by one-return approximation, The Leading Edge, 28, 576-581. PDF.
58. Jia, X. and Wu, R.S., 2009, Superwide-angle one-way wave propagator and its applications in imaging steep salt flanks, Geophysics, 74, s75-s83. PDF
59. Cao, J. and Wu, R.S., 2009, Full-wave directional illumination analysis in frequency domain, Geophysics, 74, S85-93. PDF
60. Cao, J. and Wu, R.S., 2009, Fast acquisition aperture correction in prestack depth migration using beamlet decomposition, Geophysics, 74, S67-S74. pdf
62. Cao, J. and Wu, R.S., 2008, Amplitude compensation of one-way wave propagators in inhomogeneous media and its application to seismic imaging: Special issue "Computational geophysics", Communications in computational physics, 3, No 1, 203-221. pdf
63. Zheng, Y. and Wu, R.S., 2008, Theory of transmission fluctuations in random media with a depth-dependent background velocity structure, in: "Earth Heterogeneity and Scattering Effects on Seismic Waves" (eds H. Sato and M.Fehler), Advances of Geophysics Series Vol. 50, 21-41. pdf
64. Wu, X.Y. and Wu, R.S., 2008, Seismic Wave propagation, in "Handbook of signal processing in acoustics", Springer-Verlag, v. 2, 1535-1544.
65. Gao, J.H., Zhou, Y., Mao, J., Chen, W., Wu, R.S., and Li, Y, 2007, A wave propagation method in local angle domain, Chinese J. of Geophys. , 50, 249-2
66. Wu, R.S., Xie, X.B. and Wu, X.Y., 2007, One-way and one-return approximations for fast elastic wave modeling in complex media, Chapter 5 of " Advances in Wave Propagation in Heterogeneous Earth", edited by R.S. Wu and V. Maupin (V.48 of " Advances in Geophysics", Series editor R. Dmowska), Elsevier, 266-323. PDF
67. Wu, R.S., Wu, X.Y. and Xie, X.B., 2007, Simulation of high-frequency wave propagation in complex crustal waveguides using generalized screen propagators, Chapter 6 of " Advances in Wave Propagation in Heterogeneous Earth", edited by R.S. Wu and V. Maupin (V.48 of " Advances in Geophysics", Series editor R. Dmowska), Elsevier, 324-364 PDF
68. Feng, W., Wu, R.S., and Ma, Z.T., 2006, Beamlet decomposition of one-way wave propagator and the application to illumination analysis and target-oriented imaging, Chinese J. of Geophys..
69. Zheng, Y.C., Wu, R.S. and Lay, T., 2006, Inverting the power spectrum for a heterogeneous medium, Geophys. J. Intern., doi: 10.1111/j.1365-246X.2006.03241.pdf
70. Xie, X.B., Jin, S. and Wu, R.S., 2006, Wave-equation based seismic illumination analysis, Geophysics, 71, No 5, S169-177. PDF
71. Wu, R.S. and Chen, L., 2006, Mapping directional illumination and acquisition dip-response using beamlet propagators, Geophysics, 71, No 4, S147-159. PDF
72. Chen, L., Wu, R.S. and Chen, Y., 2006, Beamlet migration based on Gabor-Daubechies frame decomposition, Geophysics, 71, No 2, S37-52. PDF
73. Wu, X.Y. and Wu, R.S., 2006, AVO modeling using elastic thin-slab method, Geophysics, 71, No 5, C57-67. PDF
74. Hong, T.K. and Wu, R.S., 2005, Scattering of elastic waves in geometrically anisotropic random media and its implication to sounding of heterogeneity in the earth's deep interior, Geophys. J. Int., 163(1), 324-338. pdf
75. Zheng, Y.C., and Wu, R.S., 2005, Measurement of phase fluctuations for transmitted waves in random media, Geophys. Res. Lett., 32, 2005GL023179. PDF
76. Ge, Z., Fu, L.Y., and Wu, R.S., 2005, P-SV wavefield connection technique for regional wave propagation simulation, Bull. Seis. Soc. Am., 95, No. 4, 1375-1386. pdf
77. Han, Q.Y. and Wu, R.S., 2005, One-way dual-domain propagators for scalar qP-wave in VTI media, Geophysics, 70, No. 2, D9-17. PDF
78. Xie, X.B. and Wu, R.S., 2005, Multicomponent elastic wave prestack depth migration using elastic screen method, Geophysics, 70, s30-37. PDF
79. Yang, D.H., Lu, M., Wu, R.S. and Peng, J., 2004, An optimal nearly analytic discrete method for 2D acoustic and elastic wave equations, BSSA, 94, N.5, 1982-1991. pdf
80. Hong, T.K., Wu, R.S. and B.L.N. Kennett, 2004, Stochastic feature in scattering, Phys, Earth Planet. Inter., 148 (2005) 131–148. pdf
81. Hong, T.K., B.L.N. Kennett, and R.S. Wu, 2004, Effects of the density perturbation in scattering, Geophys. Res. Lett., 31 (13), L13602, doi:10.1029/2004GL019933. pdf.
82. Chen, L., R.S. Wu, and Wang, W.J., 2004, Common angle image gathers obtained from Gabor-Daubechies beamlet prestack depth migration, Chinese J. of Geophys., 47(5), 876-885.
83. Chen, L., R.S. Wu, and Chen, Y., 2004, Construction and application of local scattering matrix based on wavefield extrapolation in the Gabor-Daubechies beamlet domain, Chinese J. of Geophys., 47(2), 289-298.
84. Feng, W., Wang, H.Z., Wu, R.S. and Ma, Z.T., 2004, The migration of synthetic waves for target-oriented controlled illumination: Geophysical Prospecting for Petroleum, 43(3), 223-228.
85. Pride, S.R., Harris, J.M., Johnson, D.L., Mateeva, A., Nihei, K.T., Nowack, R.L., Rector, J.W., Spetzler, H., Wu, R.S., Yamomoto, T., Berryman, J.G. and Fehler, M., 2003, Permeability dependence of seismic amplitudes, The Leading Edge, 22, No 6, 518-525. pdf
86. Wu, R.S., 2003, Wave propagation, scattering and imaging using dual-domain one-way and one-return propagators, Pure and Appl. Geophys., 160(3/4), 509-539. pdf
87. Wu, R.S., 2002, Spatial coherences of seismic data and the application to characterization of small-scale heterogeneities, In: "Characterization in the Crust and Upper Mantle: Nature, Scaling and Seismic Properties", J. A. Goff and K. Holliger, eds., Kluwer Academic, New York, 321-344.
88. Wu, R.S. and Chen, L., 2002, Wave propagation and imaging using Gabor-Daubechies beamlets, "Theoretical and Computational Acoustics, World Scientific, New Jersey, 661-670. psf
89. Wu, R.S., Chen, L. and Wang, Y., 2002, Prestack migration/imaging using synthetic beam-sources and plane-sources, Special issue of "Studia Geoph. et Geod.", 46, 651-666.
90. Fu, L.Y. and Wu, R.S. and Campillo, M., 2002, Energy partition and attenuation of regional phases by random free-surface, Bull. Seis. Soc. Am., 92, 1992-2007. pdf
91. Jin, S., Mosher, C.C. and Wu, R.S., 2002, Offset-domain pseudo-screen prestack depth migration, Geophysic , 67, 1895-1902. pdf
92. Jin, S., Xu, S.Y. and Wu, R.S., 2002, Wave equation based pre-stack depth migration using generalized screen propagator, Chinese J. of Geophysics , 45, 723-729.
93. Sato, H., Fehler, M. and Wu, R.S., 2002, Scattering and attenuation of seismic waves in the Lithosphere, "Intern. Handbook of Earthquake & Engineering Seismology, Part A", Ed. William H.K. Lee, Hiroo Kanamori, Paul Jennings and Carl Kisslinger, Academic Press, 195-208. pdf.
94. Chen, L., Wu, R.S., Chen, Y. and W. Wang, 2001, Acoustic wavelets applied to seismic signal decomposition, Chinese Journal of Geophysics, 44(3), 369-378.
95. Wu, R.S., Jin, S., and Xie, X.B., 2001, Generalized screen propagators and the applications to seismic imaging, Oil Geophysical Prospecting, 36(6), 655-664 (in Chinese with English abstract).
96. Wu, X.Y. and Wu, R.S., 2001, Lg wave simulation in heterogeneous crusts with surface topography using screen propagators, J. Geophys. International, 146, 670-678. pdf
97. Xie, X.B. and Wu, R.S., 2001, Modeling elastic wave forward propagation and reflection using the complex screen method, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., 109, 2629-2535. PDF
98. Fu, L.Y. and Wu, R.S., 2001, A hybrid BE-GS method for modeling regional wave propagation, Pure and Appl. Geophys., 158, 1251-1277. pdf
99. Wu, R.S., Jin, S. and Xie, X.B., 2000, Energy partition and attenuation of Lg waves by numerical simulations using screen propagators, Phys, Earth Planet. Inter., 120, 227-244. PDF
100. Wu, R.S., Jin, S. and Xie, X.B., 2000, Seismic wave propagation and scattering in heterogeneous crustal waveguides using screen propagators: I SH waves, Bull. Seis. Soc. Am., 90, 401-413. PDF
101. De Hoop, M., Rousseau, J. and Wu, R.S., 2000, Generalization of the phase-screen approximation for the scattering of acoustic waves, Wave Motion, 31, 43-70. pdf
102. Fu, L.Y. and Wu, R.S., 2000, Infinite boundary element absorbing boundary for wave propagation simulation, Geophysics, 65, 596-602. pdf.
103. Liu, Y. B., Wu, R. S. and Ying, C. F., 2000, Scattering of elastic waves by an elastic or viscoelastic cylinder, J. Geophys. Int., 142, 439-460. pdf
104. Wang, Y.Z. and Wu, R.S., 2000, Seismic data compression by adaptive local cosine/sine transform, Geophysical Prospecting, 48, 1009-1031. PDF
105. Jin, S., Wu, R.S., and Peng, C., 1999, Seismic depth migration with pseudo-screen propagators: Computational Geosciences, 3, 321-335. pdf
106. Zhang, J., Walter, W.R., Lay, T., and Wu, R.S., 1999, Polarization of surface waves in Central California from earthquakes along the circum-Pacific rim, J .Geophys. Res., in press.
107. Fan, G., Wallace, T., Zhao, D., and Wu, R.S., 1999, A seismic tomography study of deep velocity structure, Computerized Tomography, Theory and Appl., 8, 1-8.
108. Huang, L.J., M. Fehler and R.S. Wu, 1999, Extended local Born Fourier migration method, Geophysics, 64, 1524-1534. pdf.
109. Jin, S., and Wu, R.S., 1999, Depth migration with a windowed screen propagator, Journal of Seismic Exploration, 8(1), 27-38.
110. Wu, R.S. and Wang, Y.Z., 1999, New flexible segmentation technique in seismic data compression using local cosine transform, "Wavelet Applications in Signal and Image Processing", Proc. SPIE 3813, 784-794. pdf
111. Jin, S., Wu, R.S. and Xie, X.B., 1998, Wave equation-based decomposition and imaging for multicomponent seismic data, J. of Seis. Exploration, 7, 145-158
112. Wu, R.S. and Wang, Y.Z., 1998, Comparison of propagator decomposition in seismic imaging by wavelets, wavelet-packets, and local harmonics, Mathematical Methods in Geophysical Imaging V, Proc. SPIE, v. 3453, 163-179. pdf
113. Jin, S., Wu, R.S. and Ma, Z., 1998, Decomposition and migration for multicomponent seismic data, Mathematical Methods in Geophysical Imaging V, Proc. SPIE, v. 3453, 2-13.
114. Wang, Y.Z. and Wu, R.S., 1998, Decomposition and compression of Kirchhoff migration operator by adapted wavelet packet best bases, Wavelet Applications in Signal and Image Processing VI, Proc. SPIE , v. 3458, 246-258.
115. Chen, Y., Chen, L., Liu, Z. and Wu, R.S., 1997, A new fractal approach to the clustering of earthquakes: physical fractal analysis, Bull. Seis. Soc. Am., 88, 89-94.
116. Wu, R.S., 1997, Spatio-temporal distribution of seismic power for a random absorptive slab in a half space, The proceedings of waves in random and other complex media, 273-288.
117. Wu, R.S. and Yang, F., 1997, Seismic imaging in wavelet domain: Decomposition and compression of imaging operator, Wavelet Applications in Signal and Image Processing V, Proc. SPIE, v. 3169, 148-162.
118. Wu, R.S., 1996, Synthetic seismograms in heterogeneous media by one-return approximation, Pure and Applied Geophys., 148, 155-173. pdf
119. Wu, R.S. and M.V. de Hoop, 1996, Accuracy analysis and numerical tests of screen propagators for wave extrapolation, Mathematical methods in geophysical imaging IV, (ed. Hassanzadeh, S.), Proc. SPIE, v. 2822, 196-209.
120. Mosher, C.C, Foster, D.J. and Wu, R.S., 1996, Phase shift migration with wave packet algorithms, Mathematical methods in geophysical imaging IV, (ed. Hassanzadeh, S.), Proc. SPIE, v. 2822, 2-16. pdf.
121. Huang, L.J. and Wu, R.S., 1996, 3D prestack depth migration with acoustic pseudo-screen propagators, Mathematical methods in geophysical imaging IV, (ed. Hassanzadeh, S.), Proc. SPIE, v. 2822, 40-51.
122. Wu, R.S. and Huang, L.J. , 1995, Reflected wave modeling in heterogeneous acoustic media using the De Wolf approximation, "Mathematical methods in geophysical imaging III", (ed. Hassanzadeh, S.), SPIE-The International Society for Optical Engineering, 176-186. pdf
123. Liu, Y.B, Y.M. Li and Wu, R.S. , 1994, Seismic wave propagation in layered transversely isotropic porous media, Acta Geophysica Sinica, 37, 499-514.
124. Liu, Y.B, Y.M. Li, Wu, R.S. and S.M. Yu , 1994, Far-field radiation patterns and energies from different seismic sources in a fluid-filled borehole, Acoustical Imaging, 20 , 691-697.
125. Huang, L.J. and Wu, R.S. , 1994, Multifrequency Backscattering Tomography (MFBT) in vertically varying background, Acta Geophysica Sinica, 37, 80-100.
126. Wu, R.S. Z.Y. Xu and X.P. Li, 1994, Heterogeneity spectrum and scale-anisotropy in the upper crust revealed by the German continental deep-drilling (KTB) holes, Geophys. Res. Lett., 21, 911-914. PDF
127. Liu, Y.B. and Wu, R.S. , 1994, A comparison between phase-screen, finite difference and eigenfunction expansion calculations for scalar waves in inhomogeneous media, Bull. Seis. Soc. Am., 1154-1168.
128. Wu, R.S. and X.B. Xie, 1994a, Multi-screen backpropagator for fast 3D elastic prestack migration, Mathematical Methods in Geophysical Imaging II, SPIE vol. 2301, 181-193. PDF
129. Wu, R.S., 1994, Wide-angle elastic wave one-way propagation in heterogeneous media and an elastic wave complex-screen method, J. Geophys. Res., 99, 751-766. pdf
130. Wu, R.S., F.V. Araujo and L.J. Huang, 1994, Multi-frequency backscattering tomography for constant and vertically varying backgrounds, Int. J. of Imaging Syst. & Tech., 5, 7-21. pdf
131. Huang, L.J., Wu, R.S. ,Y,M. Li, 1993, Generalized holography and multidimensional inverse scattering, in "Applied Seismic Tomography", W.C. Yang and Y.M. Li (Eds.), Geological Press, Peking (in Chinese), 1 42-163.
132. Liu, Y.B, Y.M. Li, Wu, R.S. and S.M. Yu, 1993b, Radiative energies from downhole source and array source, Petroleum Geophysical Prospecting, 28, 389-395.
133. Liu, Y.B, Y.M. Li, Wu, R.S. ,S.M. Yu, 1993a, Far-field radiation pattern of downhole source and array source, Petroleum Geophysical Prospecting, 28,
134. Huang, L.J., Y.M. Li and Wu, R.S. ,1992, Wave-front ray tracing method for image reconstruction, Chinese J. of Geophys., 35, 281-293.
135. Flatté, S.M., Wu, R.S. and Z.K. Shen, 1991, Nonlinear inversion of phase and amplitude coherence functions at NORSAR for a model of nonuniform heterogeneities, Geophys. Res. Lett., 18, 1269-1272. pdf.
136. Wu, R.S., and X.B. Xie, 1991, Numerical test on stochastic tomography, Phys, Earth Planet. Inter., 67, 180-193. PDF
137. Bataille, K., Wu, R.S., and S.M. Flatt<^'e>é, 1990, Inhomogeneities near the core-mantle boundary evidenced from seismic wave scattering. - a review, in "Seismic Wave Scattering and Attenuation" ed. by Wu and Aki, Pure and Applied Geophys., 132, 151-173.
138. Wu, R.S. and S.M. Flatté, 1990, Transmission fluctuations of seismic waves across seismic arrays, in "Seismic Wave Scattering and Attenuation" ed. by Wu and Aki, Pure and Applied Geophys., 132, 175-196. pdf.
139. Wu, R.S.,1989d, Imaging principle of randomly heterogeneous medium by transmitted waves, Geophysics in China in the Eighties, -in commemoration of the 80th birthday of professor Fu Cheng-yi, Academic Book and Periodicals Press, Beijing, (in Chinese with English abstract), 360-378.
140. Wu, R.S., 1989c, The perturbation method for elastic wave scattering, in "Seismic Wave Scattering and Attenuation" ed. by Wu and Aki, Pure and Applied Geophys., 131, 605-637. pdf
141. Wu, R.S. ,1989b, Seismic wave scattering, invited article for the "Encyclopedia of Geophysics", ed. by D. James, Van Nostrand Reinhold and Comp., 1166-1187.
142. Wu, R.S.,1989a, Representation integrals for elastic wave propagation containing either the displacement term or the stress term alone, Phys. Rev. lett., 62, 497-500. pdf.
143. Wu, R.S., 1988, On "Stratigraphic filter theory: Combined effects of parallel bedding and random inhomogeneities" (I. Lerche), Geophysics, 53, 995-997. pdf
144. Wu, R.S. and K. Aki, 1988b, Seismic wave scattering in the three-dimensionally heterogeneous earth, in the special issue "Seismic Wave Scattering and Attenuation" ed. by Wu and Aki, Pure and Applied Geophys., 128, 1-6. pdf.
145. Toksöz, M.N., A.M. Dainty, E.R. Reiter and Wu, R.S. ,1988, A model for attenuation and scattering in the earth's crust, in the special issue "Seismic Wave Scattering and Attenuation" ed. by Wu and Aki, Pure and Applied Geophys., 128, 81-100.
146. Wu, R.S. and K. Aki, 1988a, Multiple scattering and energy transfer of seismic waves, -separation of scattering effect from intrinsic attenuation. II. Application of the theory to Hindu Kush region, in the special issue "Seismic Wave Scattering and Attenuation" ed. by Wu and Aki, Pure and Applied Geophys., 128, 49-80. pdf.
147. Lo T.W., M.N. Toksöz, S.H. Xu and Wu, R.S., 1988, Ultrasonic laboratory tests of geophysical tomographic reconstruction, Geophysics, 53, 947-956. pdf
148. Flatté S.M. and Wu, R.S., 1988, Small-scale structure in the lithosphere and asthenosphere deduced from arrival-time and amplitude fluctuations at NORSAR, J. of Geophys. Res., 93 6601-6614. PDF
149. Toksöz, M.N., Wu, R.S. , and K.P. Schmitt, 1987, Physical mechanisms contributing to seismic attenuation in the crust, Strong ground motion seismology, ed. by Erdik, M.O. and M.M. Toksoz, D. Reidel Publishing Comp. 225-247.
150. Wu, R.S. and M.N. Toksoz, 1987, Diffraction tomography and multi-source holography applied to seismic imaging, Geophysics, 52, 11-25. pdf.
151. Wu, R.S., 1986b, Heterogeneity spectrum, wave scattering response of a fractal random medium and the rupture processes in the medium, J. of Wave-Material Interaction, 1, 79-96.
152. Wu, R.S., 1986a, Fractal dimensions of fault surfaces and the inhomogeneity spectrum of the lithosphere revealed from seismic wave scattering, proceedings of the international symposium on multiple scattering of waves in random media and random rough surfaces, July 29 - Aug.2, 1985, Pennsylvania, 929-940.
153. Wu, R.S. and K. Aki, 1985c, The fractal nature of the inhomogeneities in the lithosphere evidenced from seismic wave scattering, Pure and Appl. Geophys., 123, 805-818. pdf.
154. Wu, R.S., 1985b, Gaussian beams, complex rays, and the analytic ex tension of Green's function in smoothly inhomogeneous media, Geophys. J. R. astr. Soc., 83, 93-110. pdf.
155. Wu, R.S. ,1985a, Multiple scattering and energy transfer of seismic waves, -separation of scattering effect from intrinsic attenuation I. Theoretical modelling, Geophys. J. R. astr. Soc., 82, 57-80. PDF
156. Wu, R.S. and A. Ben-Menahem, 1985, The elastodynamic near field, Geophys. J. R. astr. Soc., 81, 609-621. pdf
157. Aki, K., Wu, R.S., and R. Nowack, 1985, Seismic wave scattering and lithospheric heterogeneity, in A.U. Kerr (ed.) The VELA program: A twenty-five year review of basic research, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, 419-423.
158. Wu, R.S., and K. Aki, 1985b, Elastic wave scattering by a random medium and the small scale inhomogeneities in the lithosphere, J. Geophys. Res., 90 10261-10273. PDF
159. Wu, R.S., and K. Aki, 1985a, Scattering characteristics of waves by an elastic heterogeneity, Geophysics, 50, 582-595. pdf.
160. Wu, R.S., 1982b, Mean field attenuation and amplitude attenuation due to wave scattering, Wave motion, 4 305-316. pdf.
161. Wu, R.S., 1982a, Attenuation of short period seismic waves due to scattering, Geophys. Res. Lett., 9, 9-12. pdf.
162. Wu, R.S. and S.H. Xu, 1980, Determination of underground profile of electromagnetic absorption-- a method of geometrical digital imaging, Geophysical and geochemical prospecting, 6.
163. Wu, R.S. and S.H. Xu, 1979, Digital holography applied to borehole electromagnetic wave exploration, Acta Seismologica Sinica, 1, no.2, 197-213.
164. Wu, R.S., and S.H. Xu, 1978, A fast algorithm for near region in holographic reconstruction, Acta Geophysica Sinica, 21, no.3, 262-267.
165. Wu, R.S. ,Wu, Y.L., Liu, C.R., Peng, C.Y., and M.J. Wang, 1977, Multi-frequency synthetic detecting holography, Acta Geophysica Sinica, 20, 33-38. pdf.
166. The Research Group of Holography, Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences, 1976, "A multi-frequency synthetic detecting holography with high depth resolution", Peking, China.