RESUME OF RU-SHAN WU
- 1957.9-1962.9: North-Western Univ., Sian, China. Received B.sc.
- 1981.1-1984.8 Dept. Earth &
Planet. sci., M.I.T. , Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. Received Ph. D.
Title of Ph.D. thesis: "Seismic Wave Scattering and The Small Scale
Inhomogeneities In The Lithosphere". Ph.D advisor: Keiiti Aki.
- 1962-1972 Research Associate in the Institute of Geophysical prospecting,
Ministry of Geology, Peking, China.
- 1973-1978 Research Scientist and group leader in the same institute.
- 1979-1980 Visiting Scientist in the Dept. Earth & planetary sci., M.I.T.,
- 1984-1985 Postdoc Associate in the Dept. Earth, Atmospheric & Planet. Sci.,
- 1986.1-1986.8 Assistant Researcher in the Dept. of physics, Univ. of California at Santa Cruz.
- 1986.9.-1988.11 Associate Researcher in the Dept. of Physics
and the Institute of Tectonics, Univ. of California
at Santa Cruz.
- 1988.12-1989.3 Visiting Scientist in the National Research Center
of Disaster Prevention of Japan, Tsukuba science city, Japan.
- 1988.12-1989.10 Associate Research Geophysicist in the Institute
of Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing.
- 1989.11-1990.3 Research Geophysicist in the same institute as
- 1990.3-1990.7 Visiting Research Geophysicist in the Institute
of Tectonics, University of California at Santa Cruz, USA.
- 1990.8-1991.10: Visiting Professor in the Federal University of
Bahia, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.
- 1991.11.-1993.6: Visiting Research Geophysicist in the Institute
of Tectonics, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA, USA.
- 1992.10-1992.12: Visiting Professor in the Karlsruhe University,
- 1993.7.-1995.6: Associate Researcher (Associate Professor) in geophysics
in the Institute of Tectonics/Dept. Earth
Sciences, Univ. of California, Santa Cruz, USA.
- 1995.7- Researcher (Professor) in geophysics in the same
(Dept. Earth & Planetary Sciences/Institute of Geophysics and
Planetary Physics, Univ. of California,
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS, SERVICES AND HONORS:
- Committee Chairman of the Subcommission on Scattering and Heterogeneity
(in the Commission on Wave Propagation) , IASPEI (International Association
on Seismology and Physics of the Earth Interior) (1997-2001).
- Chair of the Task
Group on Seismic Scattering of IASPEI (International Association
on Seismology and Physics of the Earth Interior) (2001-2005).
- Member of
Standing Committee on Seismology and Geodynamics, Board on Earth Sciences
and Resources, National Research Council (NRC) (2004-2007).
- Corresponding Member of the European Academy of Sciences
(with the citation : "Elected for oustanding and influential contributions
to geophysical sciences and fundamental developments in seismic inverse problems")
- Fellow of CGA (Chinese Geophysical Association).
- Editorial Board of "Acta Geophysica Sinica".
- Advisory (Visiting) Professors of Tongji University, Shanghai,
- Guest (Visiting) Professors of Beijing University, Beijing,
- Guest (Visiting) Professors of Northwest University, Xi'an,
- Guest (Visiting) Professors of Jiaotong University, Xi'an,
- Member of AGU (American Geophysical Union), CGA
(Chinese Geophysical Association), EAGE (European Association of Geoscientists
and Engineers), SEG (Society of Exploration Geophysicists), SSA
(Seismological Society of America).
- Listed in "Who's Who in the World", "Who's Who in America",
"Who's Who in Science and Engineering", and "One Thousands Great Scientists".
- Chinese, English;
- Portuguese, Japanese, French, Russian (read only), German